Kitchen Manager | Ivy Provisions
This position reports directly to Executive Chef.
The kitchen manager is responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, portion, cost control, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Ivy Provisions, LLC.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods and other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check and maintain proper food holding temperature control points.
- Estimate amounts and cost of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedure
- Instruct cooks or other team members in the preparation, as well as cooking of foods.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items, establish portion sizes, and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of team members engaged in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Receive all products with the designate receiving policy.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting or purchasing for all the food operations
- Assist with employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen team members as appropriate.
Tools & Technology
- Blenders, choppers, dicers, graters, peelers, processors, and/or slicers.
- Grill, oven, etc
- Kitchen and food thermometers
- Personal computers
- Five or more years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook, and expediter.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Kitchen Management: 2 years
- Cooking: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year